With Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
Makes 4-6 Servings
Here's a side dish sure to make your guests happy. Keep warm this fall and winter with this roasted cauliflower recipe. Parmesan, bacon and Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning will tickle your taste buds and leave you warm and satisfied. Enjoy!
- 1 Head cauliflower, cut into pieces (about 5-6 cups)
- 4-5 oz Bacon, chopped
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cups milk (I like whole, but 2% will work)
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Cup grated parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/8 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup bread crumbs
Directions (Step by Step)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (350 if using convection - our favorite)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and "blanch" the cauliflower by cooking them for 2 minutes. Transfer drained cauliflower to a buttered 9" X 13" baking dish and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the bacon and transfer to a paper towel and set aside. Drain all but about a tablespoon of the fat.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir until combined and continue to stir for 2 minutes to cook the flour.
- Slowly add the milk while stirring and continue to stir until there are no lumps.
- Add the garlic clove and stir until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. This is called a "nappe."
- Pour sauce over cauliflower to cover and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake until the breadcrumbs are golden and the cauliflower is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!