With Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
Makes 4-6 Servings
This is an example how to use the versatile All Purpose Seasoning while using another ingredient to make a whole new flavor profile. A little cumin changes the All Purpose Seasoning into a Mexican seasoning. It is also great as a taco seasoning.
Slow Cooker Method
- 2 Pounds boneless pork shoulder (or 2 1/2 to 3 pounds bone-in)
- 3 Tablespoons Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
- 2-3 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded, ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 Orange, cut in half (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions (Stepy by Step)
- Rinse and dry the pork shoulder.
- Mix the Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning with the cumin and oregano.
- Rub the meat with the olive oil then rub the meat with all of the seasoning mixture.
- Place the Pork in a slow cooker and top with jalapeno. Squeeze over the juice of the orange and add the two halves to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for about 4 hours. (you can also do this in the oven. Just add all ingredients in pan, cover with foil and cook at 375 for about 4 hours.)
- Once the meat is tender, remove from cooker and let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pull apart with hands or fork.
- To make carnitas, heat remaining vegetable oil in large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Press the carnitas into the oil and fry until brown and crusty on one side.
- Serve as enchilada meat, in tacos/burritos or however you like!