With Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
Makes about 30 poppers
- 1 lb medium jalapeños
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
- 8 oz brick cream cheese (not whipped)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions (Step by Step)
- Prepare the jalapeños by cutting the stem off and then slice them in half lengthwise. Scrape the seeds and white ribs out with a small spoon. You might want to wear gloves here making sure not to touch your face. Keep some of the seeds if you want the poppers to be spicy.
- Chop up the bacon in quarter inch pieces and cook in a sauté pan until crispy. Drain the fat and set aside.
- Heat the grill on medium or the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for about a minute until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including bacon, into cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Fill each jalapeño half with filling.
- Bake on parchment or foil covered pan in oven or directly on grill until hot and golden brown on top. Be careful not to eat them right away. (I know, it's hard to wait). Let stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite platter and enjoy!