With Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
Makes 6 servings
Put away the cocktail sauce! Here is a twist on the standard cold cocktail shrimp. Try it with a salad, or by itself as an appetizer with bread. You will not be disappointed!
3 Cloves garlic, minced
1/3 Cup olive oil
1/4 Cup tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 Tablespoon Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 Pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions (Step by Step)
- In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Soak skewers in water.
- Season with basil, Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning, and cayenne pepper.
- Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill at medium heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Lightly oil grill.
- Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
- Serve with sauce made in step 1.
*Tip - double the marinade and set aside if you would like a dipping sauce.