Greek Salmon Salad
With Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub & Seasoning - Serves 4
This Greek salmon salad is seared salmon fillets with cucumber, tomato, olives, red onion, avocado and feta cheese, all tossed in a garlic and herb dressing. A lighter meal option that's fresh, healthy, colorful and totally delicious!
For the Salad
- 1 pound salmon fillets 3-4 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub & Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumber quartered and sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh dill minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions (Step by Step)
- Season the salmon fillets with the Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub & Seasoning.
Heat the 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large pan over high heat.
Add the salmon and cook for 4-6 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through.
While the salmon is cooking, place the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, red onion, feta, dill and bell pepper in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Arrange the avocado over the top.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
Let the salmon cool for 5-7 minutes. Place the salmon fillets over the lettuce mixture. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, then serve.