With Willards Kitchen Smoked BBQ Rub
This is a lavishly delicious way to cook the amazing standing rib roast. Patience is the motto with this recipe, so your wait will be rewarded! Let the smells invade your senses during the cooking process. Cook in your standard charcoal grill.
- 15 lbs of Charcoal briquets
- 2 lbs Wood chips (apple or hickory)
- 1 (4 lb) Standing rib roast, bone in
- 1/2 -1 Cup Willards Kitchen Smoked BBQ Rub (enough to fully cover meat)
Directions (Step by Step)
- Start 10 of the 15 lbs of the charcoal briquets on one side of the grill. Get it hot.
- Meanwhile, soak the chips in water and rub the roast liberally with the Willards Kitchen Smoked BBQ Rub.
- Once the coals are white on one side of the grill it is time to place the roast on the grill, on the side without the coals. We want indirect heat here.
- Take a handful of the soaked chips and place right on the coals (be careful!).
- Every 30-40 minutes, check the meat temperature, add charcoal if needed and place more chips on the coals.
- Cook for 3-4 hours (can be longer or shorter depending on the heat of the coals) until a meat thermometer registers 145 degrees for rare/med rare. Patience is king here!
- Slice and enjoy!