With Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
Makes 4 Servings
This recipe follows the traditional method of the béchamel sauce base with the addition of the parmesan to make it an alfredo. Add the Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning for a real flavor explosion!
To make the béchamel
- ½ Onion
- 4-6 Cloves
- 4-6 Bay leaves
- 2 Quarts (8 cups) Milk
- 4 oz (about 4 Tablespoons) Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Willards Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
To make it a seafood alfredo
- 2-3 Cups parmesan
- 8 oz Scallops
- 8 oz Peeled and deveined shrimp
Directions (Step by Step)
- Cut the onion in half lengthwise and peel, leaving the stem ends on so the onion doesn’t fall apart.
- Stab the bay leaves into the onion with the cloves (this is called and “onion piquet”).
- Add milk to a heavy saucepan, add onion piquet and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add flour to butter and stir until a dough forms.
- Gradually add the hot milk to the butter and flour mixture (called a roux) while stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent lumps. Bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce to a simmer, add the Willard’s Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning and continue to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add fettuccini noodles to salted boiling water and cook until firm but not crunchy. Strain and add a little olive oil to prevent sticking (optional. You can also use hot water to unstick noodles in strainer).
- Time to make the Alfredo – take off the heat and add the parmesan, stirring constantly to incorporate.
- On the side, sauté or roast shrimp and scallops over medium high heat until just done in olive oil and Willard’s Kitchen Seafood Rub and Seasoning.
- Put noodles in bowl, add seafood and top with alfredo sauce.