With Willards Kitchen Taco Seasoning
5 Servings or about 2 1/2 Cups Sauce
* Homemade enchilada sauce is super simple! First you’ll heat oil in a pan and then whisk in flour and some of the taco seasoning until lightly browned. Next, you’ll whisk in the chicken broth and tomato sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes. Easy Peasy! You will never buy canned enchilada sauce again and your tastebuds will thank you.
* This recipe can be made ahead of time and will keep fresh when covered in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Willards Kitchen Taco Seasoning separated in half
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- One 8 oz can tomato sauce (don't have that on hand? We've used marinara and come back with great results!)
Directions (Step by Step)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or pot on medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the Willards Kitchen Taco Seasoning and whisk until lightly browned (about 1 minute).
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth to create a smooth, thickened sauce.
- Add in tomato sauce and remaining Taco Seasoning and stir.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or let cool and add to your enchiladas.