Copy of Easy Oven Roasted Pulled Pork
With Willards Kitchen Smoked BBQ Rub
Makes 10 Servings
This is a great dish to serve for a group of people. It does not require much prep, and is a crowd favorite! Serve as a sandwich or slider with coleslaw and Willards Kitchen Smoked BBQ Sauce for the full meal deal!
- 1 6-7 Pound pork roast (preferably shoulder or boston butt with the bone in) – Trim some, but not all, of the fat
- Enough Willards Kitchen Smoked BBQ Rub to completely cover the meat
Directions (Step by Step)
- Rub meat with enough Willards Kitchen Smoked BBQ Rub to completely cover the meat. Let marinate at least an hour, or as long as overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add pork to roasting pan, add 2-3 cups of hot water, and bake for about 6 hours, turning and basting with the juice of the meat every 1.5 hours or so. Roast the pork until it falls about to the touch apart and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers at least 180 degrees F. The crust of the meat will be dark (if not black) on the outside. That is a good thing, it adds a nice crunch because of the caramelization of the sugars in the BBQ rub.
- Remove the pork roast from the oven and transfer to a large platter. Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes. While still warm, take 2 forks and “pull” the meat to form shreds. Using 2 forks, shred the pork by steadying the meat with 1 fork and pulling it away with the other. Put the shredded pork in a bowl. Pour 1/2 of the sauce on the shredded pork and mix well to coat.
- To serve as a slider or sandwich, spoon the pulled pork mixture onto the bottom 1/2 of the hamburger bun, and top with coleslaw. Serve with pickle spears and BBQ sauce on the side. Here is the recipe for Willards Kitchen Smoked BBQ Sauce.