- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Willards Kitchen Smoked BBQ Rub
- 1 ½ Teaspoons sherry (very optional. Adds a “zing”)
- 1 Teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb Beef top round, flank, flat iron, or any cut you would grill, sliced in 2 inch long and ½ inch wide strips.
- Skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Combine the soy sauce, Willard's Kitchen Smoked BBQ Rub, sherry, ginger and garlic. Let sit overnight in the refrigerator or you can heat to dissolve the sugar. (I like the first method, by not cooking the ginger and garlic, the flavors are stronger).
- Cool the sauce.
- Marinate the beef strips in the sauce for 1-2 hours, or even up to 8 hrs for a really strong teriyaki flavor.
- Skewer the beef.
- Grill on medium high heat.
- Serve with more sauce or eat as is.
*Tip – clean and oil the grill well before grilling food.
*Tip – if the meat is sticking to the oiled and cleaned grill, then it is not time to turn it to the other side, be patient and you will be rewarded with a nice, caramelized grill marks.